Monday 3 February 2014

Banana Ice Cream, Four ways

Hey Everyone

Everyone is obsessed with Banana ice cream. It doesn't matter if you're vegan, paleo, allergic to dairy or on a budget; everyone cannot get enough of it.  There is even a machine called Yonanas that turns it into soft serve.

If you love plain banana (n)ice cream that is great. I do not. I have a strange relationship with bananas, either I will eat 10 a day, or the smell nauseates me. I still however, love ice cream.   I didn't think I would ever write a recipe for ice cream because its pretty simple. Bananas.  I have been asked by several people how to create my "gourmet" editions and I have decided to throw them on to the Internet.
I came up with these recipes in order to create something a little more special and unique to share with friends.  The ingredients are simple and the recipe is idiot proof and it all comes together in about 10 minutes maximum. These would be a great treat to share with your sweet heart for valentines day too if you are short on cash and time.


Lavender (N)ice Cream



You will need:
  • 5 frozen bananas
  • 1/3 cup of frozen blueberries
  • vanilla stevia drops
  • 2 teaspoons of organic dried lavender (this is available at most bulk health food stores)
Blend and serve




Chai Blueberry (N)ice Cream





You will need:
  • 5 frozen bananas
  • 2/3 frozen blueberries
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon ground cardamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground cloves
  • vanilla stevia drops
Blend and serve


Raspberry Rose (N)ice Cream


You will need
  • 5 frozen bananas
  • 1 cup frozen raspberries
  • 1-2 teaspoons of natural rosewater
Blend and serve




Happy New Year Jack fruit (N)ice Cream


You will need:
  • 4 frozen bananas
  • 2 cups frozen jack fruit
  • 1/3 cup coconut meat
  • 1/2 cup frozen mango
Blend and serve


Have a marvellous time trying these out. I can attest to the deliciousness of each one. 

Peace,

Kaitlin






1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I have been absolutely obsessed with banana ice cream the past few months! I love having new recipes under the belt. The lavender looks really interesting.

    Style Tomes

    ReplyDelete