Sunday 16 February 2014

Banana Island Progress Report


Preamble


I've collated all the information I could think that may pertain to your interest regarding my Banana Island escapade. I have decided again putting in daily measurements such as weight and waist circumference etc. because my aim with this venture was not to loose weight, nor do I wish to inspire people to undertake this who a struggling or recovering from an eating disorder to purely lose weight. This is an exercise in health so I want to focus on that rather than a scale. I will however reflect at the end of the trip and state if my weight did change. I have also tried to get my cronometer results up, however my computer keeps crashing the site. Annoying!


DAY ONE 



Breakfast: three large bananas 
Snack: two dried bananas
Lunch: Four bananas, one cup spinach, one small head of baby romaine, one cucumber
Pre-work out snack: one banana, one cucumber
Dinner: five bananas, 2 teaspoons carob

Mood: positive
Energy levels: great
Exercise: 6.35 km run, 48 minutes, 295 cal
Sleep: eight hours

Notes:
 I probably should have consumed more this day. I was still getting the hang of quantities and will endeavour to eat more tomorrow.
 It is really hot I was quite unmotivated to move at all really.
 I would also like to eat dinner at an early hour. I had dinner spanning between 7:30-8:30, i was distracted so there is another improvement to make. 
I have also had my eczema flair up because the hand soap has SLS in it. not pleased.

Banana Tally: 15 bananas

Day Two



Breakfast: four large bananas
Lunch: Four bananas, two cup spinach, one cup fresh mint
Dinner: Five bananas, one cup fresh mint
Snacks: One cucumber, one banana

 Mood: Great
Energy Levels: EPIC
Exercise: 90 minute "1000" calorie work out - 35 minute HIIT, 30 minutes weights, Abdominal exercises.
Sleep: Eightish hours

Notes: 
 Today was insanely hot and humid so I was fairly sedentary for most of the day, ergo the huge workout. I woke up feeling light and my stomach was pretty flat. I ate dinner at a slightly later hour and got to watch the Simpsons with my ice cream. I felt like a kid again. I also felt unreasonably happy. I kept laughing and it was wonderful. I went to bed and slept well too. So far so good.


Banana Tally: 29

Day Three


Breakfast: four large bananas
Lunch: Four bananas, one head of romaine and with cucumber coins
Dinner: Five bananas, three teaspoons carob and hazelnut stevia
Snacks: one banana

 Mood: Great
Energy Levels: quite good
Exercise: Light walking for 1.5 hours at the shops
Sleep: seven hours

Notes: 
Yesterday was quite different. I woke up feeling bloated and what felt like excessively dehydrated. I drank three litres in two hours and finally managed to sort myself out. It was pretty distressing through.  I suppose it might have been detox, who knows. I curse the person who said banana porridge was good. it isn't. AVOID AT ALL COSTS! I found myself in a banana crisis and went to replenish the stores at the shop; obtained said bananas and came home. I honestly couldn't be stuffed to work out because of the heat. I stayed up late watching my film critique and analysis subscriptions and my cat knocked over my bedside lamp and broke it. Bitch. 

Banana Tally:  43

Day Four



Breakfast: four large bananas plus two tablespoons carob in a smoothie
Lunch: Seven organic dried bananas
Dinner: Five bananas, two cups mint and two tablespoons carob
Snacks: Two bananas diced, eight large romaine leaves and cucumber strips to make "tacos"

 Mood: Happy
Energy Levels: very good
Exercise: 60 minute tabata HIIT with strength
Sleep: seven hours

Notes: Today I woke up and my skin felt a lot smoother and my energy levels were high. I was really impressed that on top of maintaining a hectic day I was able to go complete a really hard workout. I was totally pumped. I have noticed that for some reason I am sweating more. Usually i am drenched after a workout however, I don't usually have sweat dripping of my face onto the mat like a tap! 

Banana Tally: 61

Day Five


Breakfast: Four bananas, coconut and orange stevia
Lunch: Four bananas, two cups kale, three cups spinach
Dinner: Four and a half bananas with two tablespoons carob
Snacks: one banana and a cucumber

Mood: Fantastic. Again.
Energy Levels: good but I was feeling lazy about exercise
Exercise: 15 minute HIIT and 30 minute Brazilian butt hell 
Sleep: seven hours

Notes: The only thing worth pointing out today is that I woke up and my digestion was normal and my bloating was gone. It had be progressively improving over the past four days. This is what I set out to achieve on Banana Island so I am thrilled with the results.

Banana Tally: 74

Day Six


Breakfast: four large frozen bananas, one dehydrated banana
Lunch: Four bananas, two cups spinach and decorated with cucumber coins
Dinner: Three bananas, three teaspoons carob and hazelnut stevia followed by two bananas and two cucumbers
Snacks: three dehydrated bananas

 Mood: irritable but positive. 
Energy Levels: good
Exercise: I vacuumed the house. Does that count?
Sleep: FOUR hours

Notes: Today was good, my mood was off, however, I account that to the fact I have a metric tonne of paperwork and applications piling up that I have been dreading tackling. I also had the misfortune of a painting falling off the wall and smashing me in the head leaving me dizzy for the remained of the day. Upon hearing my fiance's advice I decided not to exercise. I am getting sick of bananas, not so much the taste but the act of simply blending stuff seems to be impeding on my creativity. I consider food my art and I take great pleasure in preparing it. I couldn't sleep well that night because for some reason the end of summer in Queensland dictates that it must be 27 degrees and no breeze. cue me lying in my bedroom turn sauna for the night dying.

Banana Tally: 88

Day Seven


Breakfast: fresh organic coconut and six dried bananas
Lunch: Four bananas, three cup spinach, one cup mint, two tablespoons carob
Dinner: Five bananas and vanilla stevia
Snacks: one banana one cucumber

 Mood: periods of rage
Energy Levels: pretty good considering I only slept four hours
Exercise: Little to no movement
Sleep: nine hours

Notes: The last day! We got up very early to go to the markets for the week. I was incredibly exhausted and grumpy due to a crappy nights sleep. To top it off I had to look a beautiful fresh produce. My fiance also bought a vegan paella and I sat there drooling as I watched him eat it. I find that I get cravings for cooked food when I am stressed. tired and hungry; especially cooked carbs like rice and roast vegetables (sweet potato I love you). It wasn't a great start to the day. Despite being exhausted, I decided against having a nap and instead was lulled into playing Skyrim (gamers will understand) for a few hours. Most of the day was spent pottering around the house and dreaming of the watermelon I bought for tomorrow. I am very pleased with the results of the cleanse and will be uploading a blog of the final results shortly.

Banana Tally 104!


No comments:

Post a Comment